You’ve got questions, and you’ve taken the first step. Well Done!
Just to put this up front, we’re not pushy salesmen and we won’t harass you. Our genuine concern is to help businesses in our region. That’s good for you, that’s good for us, and that’s good for our kids. So if you decide to move forward with our free assessment, here’s what that would look like:
- Customer enters their contact information in the sign-up area below
- A Forthright Security Senior Engineer will contact you by email, and then arrange a phone call or in-person meeting – whatever you’re comfortable with. By the way, we will also email you a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to our meeting. This guarantees our promise to you that your company information always stays 100% private.
- Our Forthright Engineer will have a discussion with your asset owner (likely President, CEO, or C-Level executive) to discover what is important for the company to protect. This is called Asset Discovery, and is about the company’s business, not its I.T. assets or systems. This discussion probably won’t take much more than 30 minutes, and is a guided discussion to help draw out what is truly important.
- At the end of the conversation, we’ll aggregate our notes and deliver those to the customer, and set up a time to install a week-long technical evaluation.
- When the Forthright Security Senior Engineer arrives, they’ll have a customized laptop with our security monitoring software installed on it. They will ask your network person to provide a ‘Span’ port, or we can provide a ‘Network Tap’ if necessary to view all the traffic going in and out of your business. Once operational, the laptop will host an internal read-only web page with a ‘single pane of glass’ view of all security relevant events happening on your network. We can set up several logins for viewing so executives can see what’s happening and drill down into the data. This security software will run for a week and collect data for us to analyze.
- After a week, We’ll schedule another visit and gladly answer any questions you might have. We’ll then pick up the laptop and the Senior Engineer you’ve been working with will analyze the data.
- As the Senior Engineer is analyzing the data, he will create a PowerPoint with the following information:
- What are the top 5 to 7 threats our company faces?
- What are the odds we’ll be compromised by these threats over the next 12 months?
- Are we trending up or down?
- How are we managing the risk today? What’s the plan to address the risk and how can we measure the effectiveness of our plan?
- The Senior Engineer will then schedule another on-site appointment with the Asset Owner(s) and provide the analysis of the company’s risk. The general outcome of the risk analysis is that many companies are great at protection, decent at response, and are really in need of detective capabilities.
- That’s it. Asset Owners will have a clear understanding of the urgent risks that are facing them from a technology perspective. Forthright Security will offer services to help customers deal with the risks discovered, however there is absolutely no obligation on the part of the customer to partake of those services. If you decide that you’re not ready to move forward, that’s just fine. We won’t pressure you, we won’t call you, and we won’t take any more of your time. If you change your mind, you know where to find us.
So what happens if we DO decide to move forward with Forthright Security services? Great question!
- We’ll scope the project, do an in-depth survey of your network, and set up monitoring and alerting as soon as possible.
- We’ll offer hourly Remediation Expert services to help address those high-risk problems quickly
- We’ll start the Employee Education program
- We’ll start working with you to minimize the risk to protect your business and protect your most valuable assets.
- We’ll also give you access to our monthly web casts
For a full listing of what we offer and some pricing estimates, Check out the Forthright Security Service Catalog page.